Looking for an Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes recipe that is sure to please? Made with just a few simple ingredients, this recipe is easy to follow and yields perfect results every time. Whether you are serving it as a side dish or as a main course, your family and friends will love this flavorful and hearty meal.
If you’re looking for something new to make for dinner, there are tons of great Instant Pot Recipes here to choose from. Whether you’re in the mood for a hearty stew or a light and healthy soup, there’s an instant pot recipe to suit your taste. And because the instant pot cooks food so quickly, it’s perfect for busy weeknights when you don’t have time to spend hours in the kitchen.
CHICKEN BREAST FREEZER MEALS
Need to fill your freezer? Here are five simple freezer meal recipes that all use chicken breasts.
LARGE FAMILY SAM’S CLUB GROCERY HAUL
Here is what a mini grocery haul looks like for our big family. We usually do this about half way through the month.
Ingredients Needed for this Recipe
Here’s what you need for this easy recipe!
- Red Potatoes– Red potatoes are one of the most popular types of potatoes to use in mashed potatoes. They have a smooth, creamy texture that makes them ideal for mashing. Red potatoes also have a slightly sweet flavor that pairs well with other ingredients, such as butter, milk, and garlic.
- Butter– Butter can add a richness and depth of flavor that takes a dish from good to great. Butter helps to smooth out the potatoes, creating a velvety texture that is absolutely irresistible. It also helps to enhance the natural flavors of the potatoes, making them taste even better.
- Salt– Salt is one of the most important ingredients in mashed potatoes. It helps to enhance the flavor of the potatoes and makes them more palatable. Salt also helps to improve the texture of mashed potatoes by making them smoother and creamier.
- Pepper– Pepper is one of the most commonly used spices in the world, and it’s no surprise that it goes so well with mashed potatoes. Pepper adds a sharp, pungent flavor that helps to offset the earthy, creamy taste of mashed potatoes. Pepper is also a great way to add a bit of color to mashed potatoes.
- Parsley Flakes– Parsley flakes are a great way to add flavor to mashed potatoes. The green color of the flakes also makes them a great visual addition to the dish. Parsley is a versatile herb that can be used in many different dishes, but it is especially good in mashed potatoes.
- Heavy Cream– Heavy cream is often used in mashed potatoes to create a smooth, creamy texture. This type of cream has a higher fat content than other dairy products, which helps to make the potatoes rich and flavorful.
Instant Pot Essentials from Amazon:
Instant Pot Ultra, 10-in-1 Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Yogurt Maker, Cake Maker, Egg Cooker, Sauté, and more, Includes App With Over 800 Recipes, Stainless Steel, 6 QuartInstant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker, Warmer & Sterilizer, Includes App With Over 800 Recipes, Stainless Steel, 6 QuartOXO Good Grips Large Wooden Spoon, BeechOXO Good Grips Nylon Potato Masher for Non-Stick Cookware,Black,1 EAThe World’s Greatest 2-in-1 Mix N’Masher Potato Masher, 18/8 Stainless Steel
How Long Does it Take for Potatoes to Soften in Instant Pot?
If you’re looking for instant gratification, Instant Pot mashed potatoes are the way to go. But how long do you need to cook them for? The answer depends on the type of potato you’re using. For Yukon Gold or red potatoes, it will take about 15 minutes. If you’re using Russet potatoes, it will take about 20 minutes. So if you’re in a hurry, Yukon Gold or red potatoes are your best bet. But if you want that classic mashed potato flavor,Russet potatoes are the way to go. So now that you know how long it takes to cook Instant Pot mashed potatoes, get cooking!
Why Did My Mashed Potatoes Turn Out like Glue?
There are a few reasons why mashed potatoes can turn out like glue. One possibility is that the potatoes were overcooked. When mashed potatoes are overcooked, they release more starch, which can make them gummy. Another possibility is that not enough liquid was used when mashing the potatoes. This can cause the potatoes to absorb too much liquid, making them dense and heavy.
Mashed potatoes can turn out like glue if they are mashed too vigorously. This can cause the starches to break down, resulting in a sticky texture. If your mashed potatoes have turned out like glue, there are a few things you can do to salvage them. First, try adding more liquid until the desired consistency is reached. Then, add some chopped fresh herbs or other seasonings to give them flavor.
What Can I Substitute for Heavy Cream in Mashed Potatoes?
One of the most important ingredients in mashed potatoes is heavy cream, which adds richness and creaminess to the dish. However, there are times when you may not have heavy cream on hand. In these cases, there are a few substitutes that can be used to achieve similar results. One option is to replace the heavy cream with milk and butter. This will result in a slightly lighter mashed potato, but the milk will help to add some creaminess.
Another option is to use sour cream or Greek yogurt in place of the heavy cream. These options will add some tanginess to the mashed potatoes, but they will still be creamy and delicious. Ultimately, there are a variety of ways to make mashed potatoes without heavy cream, so you can enjoy this classic dish no matter what ingredients you have on hand.
Farmhouse Finds on Amazon:
18 PCS Burlap White Pumpkins, Fall Table Decorations for Home, Rustic Farmhouse Decor, Artificial Fake Pumpkins for Fall Autumn Harvest, Wedding, ThanksgivingRustic Farmhouse Lantern Decor – Stylish Decorative Lanterns for Your Living Room, Fireplace Mantle or Kitchen Dining Table – Modern Upscale Beauty for Your Entire HomeOurWarm Macrame Table Runner Farmhouse Style, Natural Burlap Boho Table Runner Modern Farmhouse Decor Rustic Woven Cotton Crochet Lace for Bohemian, Rustic,Bridal, Shower Wedding, Dinner, 72LOSOUR Home Letters with Wreath-Farmhouse Decor for The Home Clearance Wood Letters-Decorative Home Sign for Living Room Decor, Entry Way, Kitchen, etc (White)Potholders Set Trivets Set 100% Pure Cotton Thread Weave Hot Pot Holders Set (Set of 3) Stylish Coasters, Hot Pads, Hot Mats,Spoon Rest For Cooking and Baking by Diameter 7 Inches (Gray)Stupell Industries Bottles and Plants Farm Wood Textured, Design by Anne Tavoletti Wall Art, 11 x 14, Multi-Color
More Instant Pot Recipes Like This!
- Instant Pot Sesame Chicken
- Instant Pot Potato Soup
- Instant Pot Black Bean Chicken Bowls
- Instant Pot Chicken Pasta
You’ll Love These Other Potato Recipes!
- Slow Cooker Potato Corn Chowder
- Pan Fried Potatoes and Carrots Recipe
- Air Fryer Potatoes: Crispy, Tender and Perfectly Seasoned
- Crock Pot Loaded Potato Soup
- 2 Pounds Red Potatoes, halved
- ½ Cup Water
- ¼ Cup Butter
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Parsley Flakes
- ¾ Cup Heavy Cream
- Place potatoes and water in the bowl of the Instant Pot. Top with slices of butter, salt, pepper, and parsley flakes.
- Place lid on Instant Pot and seal vent. Set to pressure cook for 10 minutes.
- When cook time is up, do a quick release and remove lid.
- Use a potato masher to mash potatoes. Add heavy cream and stir to combine.