This Instant Pot Sesame Chicken recipe is a delicious, easy dinner that your whole family will love. Made in the instant pot, this dish comes together quickly and easily, with minimal prep work. The savory broth, garlic, olive oil, and black pepper give this dish fantastic flavor, while the touch of honey and soy sauce add a delicious depth of flavor. Serve over rice and garnish with green onions and roasted sesame seeds for a delicious, complete meal.
Instant Pot Recipes are a lifesaver for busy families. You can literally throw all of the ingredients into the Instant Pot and have a healthy, delicious meal in minutes. Plus, cleanup is a breeze since everything is cooked in one pot. Whether you’re looking for breakfast, lunch, or dinner recipes, there’s an Instant Pot Recipe here for everyone. So get Instant Potting today and make mealtime easier than ever!
Ingredients Needed for this Recipe
Here’s everything you need to make this easy dinner!
- Olive Oil– Olive oil is a staple ingredient in many Instant Pot recipes. It not only adds flavor, but it also helps to create a barrier between the food and the pot, preventing sticking and making cleanup a breeze.
- Garlic– Because the Instant Pot cooks food so quickly, there’s less time for flavors to develop and meld. Adding garlic to an Instant Pot recipe helps to ensure that the dish will be flavorful and well-rounded.
- Boneless Chicken Thighs– Boneless chicken thighs are one of the most versatile and delicious cuts of chicken. One of the best things about boneless chicken thighs is that they cook quickly and evenly in the Instant Pot. Boneless chicken thighs are an excellent choice for Instant Pot recipes because they don’t dry out or become tough when cooked under pressure.
- Black Pepper– Black Pepper provides a lovely contrast to the sweetness of the honey and sesame oil. It also helps to balance out the flavors and pairs well with chicken.
- Vegetable Broth– Vegetable broth is important in sesame chicken for two reasons. First, it provides a subtle flavor that enhances the taste of the chicken. Second, it helps to keep the chicken moist and tender.
- Honey– Honey provides a unique flavor that can not be replicated by any other ingredient. Honey also helps to Caramelize the chicken which creates a scrumptious crispy edge.
- Soy Sauce– Soy sauce helps to balance out the sweetness of the honey and the toasted sesame seeds. It also helps to tenderize the chicken, ensuring that it is juicy and succulent.
- Apple Cider Vinegar– The vinegar adds a subtle acidity that brightens up the flavors of the dish and helps to balance out the rich sesame flavor. Additionally, the vinegar helps to tenderize the chicken so that it is nice and juicy.
- Sesame Oil– Sesame oil has a nutty flavor that complements the taste of the chicken, and it also helps to keep the chicken moist. In addition, sesame oil has a high smoke point, which means that it can be cooked at high temperatures without burning.
- Cornstarch– Cornstarch is often used as a thickening agent in recipes, and it can also be used to create a crispy coating. When used for this purpose, cornstarch helps to seal in the natural juices of the chicken, resulting in a moister, more flavorful dish.
- Roasted Sesame Seeds– Roasted sesame seeds are a key ingredient in sesame chicken, providing both flavor and texture. The seeds are lightly roasted to bring out their nutty flavor, then tossed in the chicken dish for a bit of crunch. In addition to their flavor, roasted sesame seeds also add visual appeal to the dish.
- Green Onions– In sesame chicken, green onions are used both as a garnish and as an ingredient in the sauce. Green onions add a touch of sweetness and freshness to the sauce, which helps to balance out the other flavors. Green onion is also used as a garnish because it adds color and visual appeal to the dish.
Cooking Essentials at Amazon:
Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker, Warmer & Sterilizer, Includes App With Over 800 Recipes, Stainless Steel, 6 QuartOXO Good Grips Large Wooden Spoon, BeechPyrex 3 Piece Glass Mixing Bowl Set with 1, 1.5, 2.5 Quart Mixing Bowls for Kitchen, Baking, and Storage, Microwave, Freezer, and Dishwasher Safe , Proudly Made in the USATILUCK Stainless Steel Measuring Cups & Spoons Set, Cups and Spoons,Kitchen Gadgets for Cooking & Baking (4+6)OXO Good Grips 2-Cup Angled Measuring Cup
How Long Does It Take to Cook Chicken in the Instant Pot?
If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to cook chicken, the Instant Pot is a great option. Whether you’re cooking boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, you can have dinner on the table in no time. Here’s a quick guide to cooking chicken in the Instant Pot.
- Place the chicken in the Instant Pot and add enough water to cover it.
- Close the lid and set the valve to sealing. Cook on high pressure for 5 minutes per pound of chicken.
- Once the timer goes off, let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes, then quick release any remaining pressure.
- Carefully remove the lid and use tongs to transfer the chicken to a plate. Allow it to rest for a few minutes before slicing or shredding. Enjoy!
Can You Put Frozen Chicken in Instant Pot to Cook?
If you’re wondering whether you can cook frozen chicken in an Instant Pot, the answer is yes! In fact, this is one of the most popular uses for an Instant Pot. Cooking frozen chicken in an Instant Pot is quick, easy, and resulted in perfectly cooked chicken every time. Simply add your frozen chicken to the pot, add some liquid (water or broth), set the timer, and let the Instant Pot do its thing.
In just a few minutes, you’ll have delicious, cooked chicken that can be used in any recipe. So if you’re short on time or just don’t feel like cooking, give this method a try next time you need to cook chicken. You won’t be disappointed!
How Much Liquid Do I Put in My Instant Pot?
It can be tricky to know how much liquid to put in your pressure cooker, especially if you’re new to instant pot cooking. The general rule of thumb is to add at least 1 cup of liquid, but no more than 2 cups. This will ensure that your food cooks evenly and doesn’t get dry or burnt. If you’re making a soup or stew, you’ll need more liquid, so add accordingly.
Keep in mind that some foods release more liquid as they cook, so you may need to adjust the amount of liquid you add. For example, if you’re making a meaty dish like beef stroganoff, you may only need 1/2 cup of liquid since the beef will release juices as it cooks. Ultimately, it’s best to err on the side of too much rather than too little when it comes to adding liquid to your instant pot.
Instant Pot Essentials at Amazon:
Instant Pot Ultra, 10-in-1 Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Yogurt Maker, Cake Maker, Egg Cooker, Sauté, and more, Includes App With Over 800 Recipes, Stainless Steel, 6 QuartInstant Pot Official Mesh Steamer Basket, Set of 2, Stainless SteelInstant Pot Official Cooking Set, 4-piece, AssortedInstant Pot Tempered Glass Lid, Stainless Steel Rim, for 5 Qt/L or 6 Qt/L ModelsInstant Pot Stainless Steel Official Wire Roasting Rack, Compatible with 6-quart and 8-quart cookers
More Instant Pot Recipes You’ll Love!
- Instant Pot Potato Soup
- Instant Pot Chicken Pasta
- Instant Pot Chicken Stew Recipe
- Instant Pot Apple Pumpkin Bundt Cake
Dig in to These Mouthwatering Chicken Recipes!
- Chicken Marsala Recipe
- Easy Chicken and Broccoli Casserole The Kids Love
- One Pan Chicken and Potatoes
- Easy Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 Cloves Garlic, minced and diced
- 1 Pound Boneless Chicken Thighs
- Black Pepper, to taste
- 1 Cup Vegetable Broth
- ¼ Cup + 2 Tablespoons Honey
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 3 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 3 Tablespoons Water
- Roasted Sesame Seeds, for garnishing
- Green Onions, cut into small pieces, for garnishing
- Pour olive oil and minced garlic in inner pot. Place chicken thighs on top and sprinkle with black pepper.
- Set Instant Pot to the sauté setting and brown chicken, about 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Remove chicken from inner pot and set aside on a plate.
- Pour vegetable broth into inner pot and use a wooden spoon to deglaze it by scraping off any brown bits.
- Place chicken back into inner pot and add honey, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar and sesame oil.
- Close the Instant Pot with its lid and set on Manual High Pressure for 8 minutes.
- Once the time is up, allow for a Quick Pressure Release.
- In a small bowl, mix together cornstarch and water.
- Remove lid from Instant Pot and set to the sauté setting.
- Pour in cornstarch mixture and mix until sauce thickens.
- Serve chicken on a bed of jasmine rice and garnish with sesame seeds and green onions. Enjoy!