Each week we are learning all about a new letter of the alphabet. It is super exciting when teaching preschoolers because we do all kinds of fun and exciting crafts and activities.
This week we concentrated on letter/w/. Every day brings something new and we had some really amazing fun with our projects this week!
The snack is a huge part of the fun! This week we made watermelon popsicles because w is for watermelon! When I told the little guys we were making watermelon popsicles they were ecstatic. Homemade popsicles and alphabet learning all in one just can’t be beat!
You will need:
- a small seedless watermelon
- 4 kiwi fruit
- vanilla yogurt
- a few tablespoons of sugar (optional)
- squeeze of lemon juice (optional)
- your favorite popsicle molds
- food processor or blender
To start you will need to begin slicing up your watermelon. Is you use a handy watermelon slicer I promise the process literally takes no time. Make sure your cuts are small enough for a food processor or blender. Once you have it all cut up (we used half the melon to start) then toss your slices in the food processor or blender. Here is when you can add a little sugar and a squeeze of lemon. This part is optional depending on the sweetness of your watermelon. Blend it up until smooth. Pour the watermelon liquid into your molds but be sure to leave room for the yogurt and kiwi! We did about 3/4 of the mold.
You will then slice your kiwi fruit to remove the skin. We placed it into the food processor to break it down also.
Take a scoop of the vanilla yogurt and place it just on top of the watermelon puree. Then layer with the kiwi mixture your have. Put your popsicles in the freezer to freeze all day. We really recommend that you make these the day before so that they freeze just perfect!
Lastly, enjoy! My boys could not wait for these popsicles. They were seriously delicious and of course a great healthy snack to celebrate learning all about letter /w/!
We took them outside to enjoy because they turned out to be quite messy but our whole family enjoyed them!
More Letter of the Week Snacks:
- A is for Airplane (granola bar)
- B is for Butterfly (grapes)
- C is for Car (apple)
- D is for Dirt (Oreos)
- E is for Egg (pretzels)
- F is for Fishing (cupcake)
- G is for Green (rice krispy)
- H is for Heart (waffle)
- I is for Ice Cream (ice cream)
- J is for Jelly Bean (Trail Mix)
- K is for Kite (Graham cracker)
- L is for Lollipop (Apple Lollipop)
- M is for Monster (Monster Cookie)
- N is for Nest (Nest Candy)
- O is for Octopus (Hotdog Snack)
- P is for Pumpkin (Mandarin Oranges)
- Q is for Quicksand (Pudding)
- R is for Rainbow (Cereal Snack)
- S is for Smores (graham crackers, marshmallows and chocolate)
- T is for Tree (Banana & Grapes)
- U is for Underwater (graham crackers, frosting, and goldfish)
- V is for Veggie Vase (veggies and ranch dip)