This BBQ Turkey Baked Potato Recipe with shredded turkey and smoky BBQ sauce is the perfect easy weeknight meal. Large potatoes make for the perfect main dish size, and adding cheese and green onions takes them to the next level of deliciousness. So don’t forget those toppings! Your family will love this hearty and flavorful meal.
Stuffed Baked Potato Recipes are a great way to get your daily dose of vegetables. By filling them with healthy ingredients like spinach, tomatoes, and beans, you can create a delicious and nutritious meal that is sure to please even the pickiest of eaters. Best of all, these recipes are easy to make and can be ready in just minutes. So if you’re looking for a quick and healthy dinner option, be sure to check out some Stuffed Baked Potato Recipes.
Ingredients Needed for This Recipe
Here’s what you need to make this simple yet delicious meal!
- Large Potatoes– Any avid potato lover knows that large potatoes are the way to go when it comes to making the perfect bbq turkey baked potato. Here’s why: first, they provide a nice, fluffy canvas for all your favorite toppings. Second, they cook evenly, so you don’t have to worry about any underdone or overcooked spots.
- Shredded Turkey– Shredded turkey is a great way to add some extra flavor to your bbq turkey baked potatoes. The shredded meat will absorb all of the delicious bbq flavors, and the potatoes will be nice and moist. Plus, this is a really easy recipe to follow. Just shred some turkey, mix it with bbq sauce, and bake it in the oven.
- Cheddar Jack Cheese– Cheddar Jack Cheese is the perfect finishing touch for bbq turkey baked potatoes. The sharp cheddar flavor pairs well with the smoky flavors of the bbq turkey, and the creamy jack cheese helps to balance out the spiciness of the sauce. Plus, the melted cheese creates a delicious crust on top of the potato that is sure to please even the pickiest eaters.
- BBQ Sauce– The sweetness of the bbq sauce pairs well with the smoky flavor of the turkey, and the bbq baked potato recipe is a simple and delicious way to enjoy a healthy meal. The bbq sauce adds moisture and flavor to the turkey, and the potatoes absorb the flavors of the bbq sauce, making them even more delicious.
- Butter– If you’re looking for a delicious and easy bbq turkey baked potato recipe, look no further! Butter is the secret ingredient that makes these potatoes so irresistible. The butter helps to baste the potatoes as they cook, keeping them moist and flavorful.
- Parsley Flakes– Parsley flakes add color, flavor, and nutrition to bbq turkey baked potatoes. This versatile herb can be used in many different ways to enhance the flavor of your food. When used in a bbq turkey baked potato recipe, parsley flakes help to bring out the natural flavors of the meat and potatoes.
- Salt–Salt helps to tenderize the meat and give it a great flavor. Potatoes, on the other hand, absorb flavors well. So, by adding salt to your bbq turkey baked potatoes, you’ll end up with a dish that’s full of flavor. Plus, the salt will help to keep the potatoes from sticking to the foil.
- Green Onion– If you’re looking for a delicious bbq turkey baked potato recipe, you can’t go wrong with adding green onion. Not only does it add flavor, but it also provides a number of health benefits. Green onion is a good source of vitamins A and C, as well as fiber and antioxidants.
- Sour Cream– The sour cream helps to balance out the smoky flavor of the bbq, and the potatoes add a nice creamy texture.
TIP: After Thanksgiving, many people are left with a lot of leftover turkey. If you’re looking for an easy way to use up your turkey, this recipe is for you. This dish is a great way to turn leftover turkey into a delicious dinner.
Cooking Essentials from Amazon:
OXO Good Grips Silicone Basting & Pastry Brush – SmallCuisinart Baking Sheet, 17Utopia Kitchen Nonstick Frying Pan Set – 3 Piece Induction Bottom – 8 Inches, 9.5 Inches and 11 Inches (Grey-Black)OAKSWARE Pre-Oiled Bamboo Cutting Board, Kitchen Chopping Boards with Juice Groove for Meat, Cheese, Fruit & Vegetables-100% Organic Bamboo Butcher Block Carving BoardKitchenAid KE001OHOBA Classic Solid Turner, One Size, Black 2
How Do You Keep Potatoes from Drying Out in the Oven?
One of the keys to making the perfect baked potato is not to let it dry out. There are a few simple steps you can take to ensure that your potatoes come out moist and delicious. First, choose a starchy potato such as russet or Idaho. These potatoes have a higher starch content, which helps them to retain moisture.
Second, soak the potatoes in water for 30 minutes before baking. This will help to plump up the potatoes and prevent them from drying out. Finally, be sure to wrap the potatoes in foil before baking. The foil will help to lock in moisture and prevent the potatoes from drying out in the oven. By following these simple tips, you can be sure that your baked potatoes will be Perfect every time!
How Long Does it Take to Bake a Potato in the Oven?
There’s no denying that a baked potato is a delicious and satisfying side dish. But if you’re wondering how long to bake a potato in the oven, the answer isn’t as simple as you might think. The cooking time will depend on the size of the potato, as well as the temperature of the oven. In general, a small potato will take about 30 minutes to cook at 400 degrees Fahrenheit, while a larger potato will need closer to an hour. So if you’re planning to make baked potatoes for your next meal, be sure to give yourself plenty of time to get them in the oven.
Do You Need to Poke Holes in Potatoes Before Baking?
When it comes to baked potatoes, there are two schools of thought: those who poke holes in their potatoes before baking, and those who don’t. Each method has its own advantages and disadvantages. Some people swear by poking holes in their potatoes, claiming that it helps the potato cook more evenly. Others argue that poking holes allows steam to escape, making for a drier, less flavorful potato.
Ultimately, the decision of whether or not to poke holes in your potato is a matter of personal preference. If you like your potatoes on the dry side, then go ahead and poke some holes. If you prefer them nice and moist, then you might want to skip the poking and just popped them in the oven. Whichever method you choose, you’ll end up with a delicious baked potato.
Farmhouse Amazon Essentials:
MyGift Whitewashed Wood Desktop Mail Holder Organizer Storage Box, Office Desk Organizer Bin with MAIL Script DesignOurWarm Macrame Table Runner Farmhouse Style, Natural Burlap Boho Table Runner Modern Farmhouse Decor Rustic Woven Cotton Crochet Lace for Bohemian, Rustic,Bridal, Shower Wedding, Dinner, 72CEWOR 24pcs Eucalyptus Stems Decor Artificial Eucalyptus Leaves Faux Greenery Branches for Wedding Centerpiece Flower Floral Arrangement Farmhouse Home DecorationGalvanized Windmill Table Clock on Stand,Vintage Desk and Shelf Clock,Decorative Farmhouse Kitchen Clock Mantel Clock,Rustic Windmill DecorHOMKO Decorative Mason Jar Wall Decor – Rustic Wall Sconces with 6-Hour Timer LED Fairy Lights and Flowers – Farmhouse Home Decor (Set of 2)
More Amazingly Delicious Potato Recipes:
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Instant Pot Potato Soup
- Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes
- Potato Soup and Mexican Cornbread Recipe
Who doesn’t love a good stuffed baked potato? They’re easy to make, and you can stuff them with pretty much anything you like. Plus, they make a great dinner. The possibilities are endless. So next time you’re looking for an easy recipe, give stuffed baked potatoes a try.
You’ll Love these other BBQ Recipes!
- Easy BBQ Chicken Pizza
- Cheese Stuffed BBQ Meatballs Recipe
- How to Make the Best BBQ Chicken Slider Sandwiches
- Crock Pot Honey BBQ Buffalo Chicken Wings
This yummy dinner idea is sure to please everyone at the table. The best part is that it’s a great way to use up leftover turkey (or any leftover protein) and uses common ingredients. So if you’re looking for a delicious and easy way to feed your family, give this recipe a try!
- 2 Large Potatoes
- 8 Ounces Turkey, shredded
- ½ Cup BBQ Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Teaspoon Parsley Flakes
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Jack Cheese
- Chopped Green Onion and Sour Cream for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Brush potatoes with olive oil and season with salt. Place in preheated oven and bake for 35 to 45 minutes.
- When potatoes are finished baking, place turkey and BBQ sauce in a small skillet. Stir to combine and cook until warm. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Cut a slit in the top of the potatoes and use a fork to smash the inside of the potato. Add butter, parsley flakes, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Top potato with shredded cheese.
- Top cheese with BBQ turkey.
- Garnish with green onion and sour cream.