Turtle Sugar Cookie Bites are the perfect easy recipe for a sweet treat. They take just minutes to make, and all you need is sugar cookie dough, some Rolo caramels, chocolate chips, and sea salt. The combination of the crunchy cookie base with the gooey caramel and chocolate topping is simply irresistible – and the sprinkle of sea salt on top adds a delicious salty-sweet flavor. These Turtle Sugar Cookie Bites really hit the spot! Try them today for an easy and yummy treat.
Easy Christmas Cookie Recipes can be exactly what you need to make the holidays that much sweeter. After all, who doesn’t love a freshly baked cookie? With these recipes, you can have delicious cookies fast and with relatively minimal fuss. Perfect for busy parents or those looking to make an impression – these cookie recipes are the way to go!
Ingredients Needed for this Recipe
Here’s what you need for these delicious cookies!
- Sugar Cookie Mix– Sugar Cookie Mix is a great way to make Turtle Sugar Cookie Bites – it saves time, adds convenience and reduces mess! With Sugar Cookie Mix all you have to do is add eggs, butter and a little bit of love – that’s it! No measuring out these ingredients, no fussing with dough, just mix the Sugar Cookie Mix according to the instructions and pop them in the oven.
- Butter– Butter is an essential ingredient when it comes to creating the perfect sugar cookie mix. Butter gives the sugar cookie dough that delicious flavor and soft, chewy texture. Butter provides great flavor and moisture that ensures your sugar cookies stay soft for days.
- Egg– The egg is essential in a sugar cookie mix not just for texture, but also for flavor and structure. The egg’s protein helps bind together the ingredients of the mix so that they don’t crumble apart after baking. Additionally, egg adds eggy richness to the cookies which sets it apart from being plain sugar cookies.
- Rolo Caramels– Rolo Caramels make the perfect topping for Turtle Sugar Cookie Bites! Rolo Caramels provide gooey sweetness with each bite, which pairs perfectly with the crunch of sugar cookie and salty nutty flavor of the turtle topping. The combination creates an unbeatable treat.
- Milk– Adding milk to the melted rolo caramels for Turtle Sugar Cookie Bites is a great idea! The milk helps create a creamy, smooth texture for your Turtle Sugar Cookie Bites, making them irresistible. Not only does milk add creaminess and deliciousness to the caramels, but it also helps bind them together, making them easier to handle once they cool.
- Dark Chocolate Chips– Adding dark chocolate chips to turtle sugar cookie bites is a match made in heaven! Dark chocolate chips boast a more intense flavor than regular milk chocolate, which pairs wonderfully with classic turtle sugar cookie bites.
- Coarse Sea Salt– Coarse Sea Salt is the perfect topping for Turtle Sugar Cookie Bites because it brings out their delicious notes of chocolate and caramel. Coarse sea salt enhances the overall flavor of these treats with its hint of sweetness and crunch, which make them extra special.
- Small Pecan Halves– Small Pecan Halves are the perfect finishing touch to Turtle Sugar Cookie Bites. With their rich nutty flavor, Small Pecan Halves bring out the sweetness of the cookie bites while adding a hint of texture and crunch that can’t be beat. Not only are Small Pecan Halves a tasty topping for these cute treats, but they also add a bit of elegance to the presentation.
Baking Essentials at Amazon
Glad Mixing Bowls with Pour Spout, Set of 3 | Nesting Design Saves Space | Non-Slip, BPA Free, Dishwasher Safe | Kitchen Cooking and Baking Supplies, WhiteWilton Advance Select Premium Non-Stick Mini Muffin Pan, 24-Cup, Steel, SilverHOTEC Food Grade Silicone Rubber Spatula Set for Baking, Cooking, and Mixing High Heat Resistant Non Stick Dishwasher Safe BPA-Free Multicolor Set of 5KitchenAid Universal Bamboo Tools, 12-InchPyrex Smart Essentials 3-Piece Prepware Mixing Bowl Set, 1-Qt, 1.5-Qt ,and 2.5-Qt Glass Mixing Bowls, Dishwasher, Microwave and Freezer Safe
What are Turtle Cookies Made of?
Turtle Cookies, also known Turtle Sugar Cookie Bites, are a delicious treat perfect for any occasion. At first glance they look like your typical cookie, but take a bite and you’ll be pleasantly surprised! Turtle cookies are made with sweet buttery caramel, crunchy pecans covered in creamy milk chocolate — all together added to the delicately sweet sugar cookie that forms the base of this iconic treat.
Each bite is soft and chewy on the outside and filled with melt-in-your mouth goodness from within. Turtle cookies are sure to satisfy anyone’s sweet tooth – it’s no wonder why these treats have been around for decades!
Why are They Called Turtle Cookies?
Turtle Sugar Cookie Bites are a beloved treat around the world, and fans everywhere have been wondering how these sweet treats got their name. The story actually goes way back to the 19th century when bakers made Turtle Fudge that had a unique look of caramel, pecans and chocolate – just like the shape of a turtle.
Fast forward to today and Turtle Sugar Cookies have become an homage to the Turtle Fudge recipes from days gone by, as they embody the same flavor profile but in cookie form. So why are they called Turtle Cookies? Because it’s all about paying tribute to where it all started!
How Long Do Turtle Sugar Cookies Last?
Turtle Sugar Cookie Bites are the perfect treat for any occasion! But how long can you keep them for? Turtle Sugar Cookie Bites have a shelf life of 2-3 weeks if stored in an airtight container or a zip-loc bag. However, if you want to make them last even longer – up to 6 months – freezing is the way to go.
Freeze Turtle Sugar Cookie Bites in a zip lock bag and store them in your freezer. When you’re ready for something sweet, take out as many Turtle Sugar Cookies as you would like and let them thaw at room temperature for about 20 minutes before enjoying!
Farmhouse Christmas Finds on Amazon!
Christmas Decor 3 Pieces Wood Table Christmas Tree Rustic Christmas Tree Farmhouse Wooden Xmas Centerpiece for Table Small Table Christmas Trees Tiered Tray Decoration (Polka Dot Style)Artoid Mode Waterclor Buffalo Plaid Christmas Trees Merry Xmas Table Runner, Seasonal Winter Holiday Kitchen Dining Table Decoration for Indoor Outdoor Home Party Decor 13 x 72 InchFESTWIND Tiered Tray Decor Christmas , Christmas Tree Farm Block Sign Embossed Metal With Wood Frame – Shelf, Mantel, Home Decor – Rustic Farmhouse Christmas DecorationNational Tree Company Artificial Christmas Centerpiece | Includes 3 Candle Holders, Red Berries, Pine Cones and Steal Base | Frosted Berry – 30 InchChristmas Snowflake Wooden Decor, Farmhouse Christmas Decor, Winter White Distressed Wood Snowflake, Xmas Decoration for Tabletop Fireplace 4 PiecesSunnygalde Indoor and Outdoor Wood Christmas Holiday Wall Hanging Door Decorations Wood Plaqu Signs Christmas Ornament, for Home, School, Office Including Wreath, Wooden Arch and Led Lights (White)
More Easy Christmas Cookie Recipes
- Elf Cookie Recipe
- Christmas Gumdrop Cookies
- Christmas Sprinkle Thumbprint Cookies
- Easy Christmas Thumbprint Cookies
You’ll Love These other Yummy Treats!
- Easy Sugar Cookie Recipe
- Gingerbread Turtle Cookies
- Yummy Turtles Cookies Recipe
- Caramel Filled Brownies Recipe
- 1 (1 lb 1.5 oz) Pouch Sugar Cookie Mix
- 1/2 Cup Butter, softened
- 1 Egg
- 36 Rolo Caramels, unwrapped
- 2 Tablespoons Milk
- 1/2 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips (or Milk Chocolate Chips)
- 1 Teaspoon Coarse Sea Salt
- 36 Small Pecan Halves
- In a bowl combine the butter, egg, and sugar cookie mix.
- Line the cupcake pans with cupcake liners and scoop some cookie mixture into each liner.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 9-12 minutes.
- Once done baking, use the end of the wooden spoon to push the center of each cookie liner in. Cool completely.
- While cooling, melt the rolos and the milk in a microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds. Stir to make sure it is smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into each hollow cookie cup.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and stir to smooth.
- Put the melted chocolate into a ziploc bag, cut the tip and drizzle each cookie cup.
- Top with one pecan each and sprinkle with sea salt.